Part One Multiple Choice Questions (30 Points)
1. Choose from A, B, C or D the one that is the closest in meaning to the part underlined (20 points, 2 points each).
1) Even though he knew that his mother had been ill, he did not have the propriety to write her.
A. decency B. posterity C. apathy D. eulogy
2) The constant motion of the earth as it turns on its axis creates the change o癫痫病吃什么药能治疗f the seasons.
A. perfidious B. plausible C. perilous D. perpetual
3) His former employer recommended him highly as having been a very industrious worker.
A. affluent B. cogent C. diligent D. extinct
4) His arrogant manner has kept him from being very popular.
A. waxy B. sleazy C. surly D. flimsy
5) The mailman approached the house cautiously because of the vicious dog.
A. hastily B继发性癫痫能治好吗. precisely C. warily D. deliberately
6) Unorganized guessing will probably not raise your score as significantly as choosing one letter as a "guess answer" for the entire examination.
A. Cryptic B. Haphazard C. Leisure D. Subsequent
7) The Mono Lisa is the portrait of a woman with a very enticing smile.
A. oblivious B. luminous C. alluring D. elusive
8) Electrical energy may be separated 病情发作的比较频繁，那么患上癫痫病病能得到治疗吗？into two components specified as positive and negative.
A. germinated B. designated C. accumulated D. contaminated
Part Two Cloze (30 points)
Complete the text by choosing one word from the box below for each blank marked 1 to 15. (2 points each)
because fail yes Finally also
For Thus tradition that for
it problem not In such
Science as a source of trustwor外伤癫痫是怎么导致的呢thy knowledge
Why turn to research and the procedures of science to understand the process and effects of mass communication? Are there __1__ other valid sources of trustworthy knowledge? The answer, of course, is __2__; people over the centuries have used many other sources to answer their questions. But each has its advantages and limitations.
For example, __3__ centuries peopl